Connexion
La date/heure actuelle est Mer 14 Nov - 02:24 (2018)
Voir les messages sans réponses
da, Duval was born in in the U.S. but g

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Mayans Index du Forum -> Les quartiers Nord -> Aux portes de la tribu
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
miaowang123

Level IG: sd

MessagePosté le: Ven 19 Oct - 02:05 (2018)
Sujet du message: da, Duval was born in in the U.S. but g
Répondre en citant

CINCINNATI - After a day of too much Johnny Cueto, the Pittsburgh Pirates finally knew where they were going.Home. For the playoffs.Cueto singled in the go-ahead run and got his 20th victory on Sunday, a 4-1 win that gave the NL Central title to the St. Louis Cardinals and forced Pittsburgh to settle for a wild card for the second straight season.A bit sad, but not bad at all.Its disappointing, catcher Chris Stewart said. At the same time, we cant really hang our heads. We faced a great pitcher. Yes, we would have liked to win the division, but were still in the playoffs and still have a chance to win the World Series.Pittsburgh needed to beat the Reds and have the Cardinals lose later in the day at Arizona to pull even for first place and set up a one-game tiebreaker Monday. Instead, Cueto (20-9) settled the division race with eight impressive innings and an up-the-middle single.When they saw that theyd clinched, the Cardinals celebrated in the dugout and made wholesale changes to their starting lineup, including resting scheduled starter Adam Wainwright for the playoffs.The Pirates will head home to play the Giants at PNC Park on Wednesday, with the winner facing the Nationals in the division series. Pittsburgh also hosted the wild-card game last year and beat the Reds before losing to the Cardinals, so the Pirates know what to expect.I expect it to be like last year: So loud you cant hear the ball off the bat, said Josh Harrison, who came up short in his run at the NL batting title.Manager Clint Hurdle indicated Edinson Volquez likely will start the playoff game, although he declined to make it official. Volquez has allowed only four earned runs and 16 hits in his last five starts at PNC Park spanning 34 2-3 innings.To pitch that game would be something really big for me, said Volquez, who is 13-7 overall.Jason Bourgeois opened the eighth with a triple off Tony Wilson (10-2). One out later, Cueto came to bat, worked the count full and singled through a drawn-in infield for a 2-1 lead, pumping his fist as he reached first base.Its a funny game, Harrison said. Theres nothing you can say. Cueto found a hole.Kristopher Negron added a two-run homer off Justin Wilson.Cueto gave up six hits in eight innings, including Neil Walkers homer, as he became the first Reds pitcher to win 20 games since Danny Jackson in 1988. Hes the first Reds right-hander to win 20 since 1965, when Sammy Ellis and Jim Maloney did it.Aroldis Chapman pitched the ninth for his 36th save in 38 chances.The Pirates went all-out to try to win the game, starting Gerrit Cole a€” their best September pitcher a€” instead of saving him for the playoffs. Cole did his part, giving up one run and six hits in seven innings and matching his career high with 12 strikeouts.After talking with team leaders, Hurdle decided to stay with his starting pitching alignment for the playoffs. That meant stick with Cole, who had won his last four starts.The right-hander had a tough first inning, giving up back-to-back singles by Negron and Brandon Phillips. Todd Fraziers groundout made it 1-0. Cole went on a streak of retiring 19 of 20 batters, extending his run of impressive September pitching. Cole is 8-1 in 11 career starts during the month.When the game ended, Hurdle shook each players hand in the dugout and said, Like the fight!Asked whether the Pirates are better prepared for the playoffs the second time around, Hurdle said, I dont know. Were going to find out. But I like our team. I like our fight. I like our grit.Harrison went 0 for 4, ending his career-high 15-game hitting streak and ending his chances for the NL batting title. He started the day at .318, a point behind Justin Morneau, but slipped to .315. He wasnt disappointed at finishing second.None of that means anything to me, Harrison said.The Reds played themselves out of contention by going 25-42 after the All-Star break, matching the club record for second-half futility. The 1933 team also had 25 wins after the All-Star game, the fewest in a non-strike season.TRAINERS ROOMPirates: Catcher Russell Martin missed a second consecutive game with a sore left hamstring. Backup catcher Chris Stewart left after Cuetos bat hit his glove hand as he followed through on his single in the eighth. X-rays on the wrist were negative.Reds: Center fielder Billy Hamilton sat out a fourth straight game with concussion symptoms. He set a club rookie record with 56 stolen bases.ON DECKPirates: Pittsburgh is 51-30 at PNC Park, tied with the Cardinals for best home record in the NL.STATSHits king Pete Rose got a standing ovation when he was shown on the videoboard during the seventh inning. Rose attends several games a year in his hometown. ... Starling Marte singled off Chapman in the ninth, extending his hitting streak to a career-high 13 games.___Follow Joe Kay on Twitter: http://twitter.com/apjoekay Stitched New England Patriots Jerseys .com) - Sixth-seeded Feliciano Lopez was a first-round winner on Monday at the Delray Beach Open tennis event. Stitched Cincinnati Bengals Jerseys . Dillon Brooks scored 26 points on 9-17 shooting for Canada while pulling down six rebounds and picking up six steals. Teammate Chris Egi had 20 points, 14 rebounds and four blocks. http://www.stitchednfljerseys.us.com/Stitched-Oakland-Raiders-Nike-Jerseys-Cheap/ .Y. -- Mark Steenhuis scored four goals and added two assists to lead the Buffalo Bandits over the Toronto Rock 12-10 in National Lacrosse League action on Saturday. Stitched Baltimore Ravens Jerseys . -- Jerel Worthy and his Michigan State teammates charged across the field, holding four fingers in the air while celebrating another sweet victory over their biggest rival. Stitched Kansas City Chiefs Jerseys . "Opinion: Womens World Cup is the best Soccer of the year," Hanks tweeted to his 8.73 million followers on Friday. "Hey FIFA, they deserve real grass. Put in sod.LONDON -- Victoria Duval, an 18-year-old American tennis player, has been diagnosed with Hodgkins lymphoma but expects to make a full recovery within months after undergoing treatment for the cancer. Duval, who lost in the second round at Wimbledon last week, was diagnosed after a biopsy was taken in England before Wimbledon and further tests in the United States confirmed the results, her management team said Friday. "It is with a heavy heart that I will have to step away from tennis competition for a short period after being diagnosed with Hodgkins lymphoma," Duval said in the statement. The statement said Hodgkins, the most common form of cancer in adolescents, "was caught in a very early stage." "(She) will undergo treatment right away and due to her overall good health and isolation of the cancer, the prognosis is a full recovery in a few months," the statement said. Treatment for Hodgkins lymphoma, a cancer of the white blood cells, has a high rate of success among young people. Its the latest challenge for Duval and her family: as a child, she was kidnapped in her parents home country of Haiti. And her father was trapped for days in the rubble of his house there after a devastating 2010 earthquake. Duval reached the second round of the U.S. Open last year, beating 2011 champion Sam Stosur in the first round. As a qualifier in the main draw last week at Wimbledon, she lost in the second round to Belinda Bencic of Switzerland. Duval said she received the news after the first round of qualifying at Wimbledon, but decided to continue playing. She beat 29th-seeded Sorana Cirstea of Romania 6-4, 3-6, 6-1 in the first round. "Being on court provided me with much comfort," she said. "I have complete faith that God will assist me and my family with all that we need, to achieve victory and become stronger from this journey.ddddddddddddI picture myself healthy, stronger and competing again soon." Billie Jean King said in a tweet that Duval "is a fighter and she will approach this new challenge with a plan and a conviction to win. Thoughts go out to her & family." The Philadelphia Freedoms confirmed Duval would miss the World Team Tennis season beginning in July. Players plan to support Duval by wearing a special patch with her initials. Based in Bradenton, Florida, Duval was born in in the U.S. but grew up Haiti. She has said that when she was 7, she and some cousins were taken hostage there by robbers. "Its not a good memory, so Ive tried to forget as much as I could about it," Duval said at last years U.S. Open when the subject was raised after her win over Stosur. "I dont remember too much of it anymore, which is great." In 2010, when Haiti was rocked by an earthquake, her father was badly injured in the rubble. "Theres a lot to be thankful for. I dont take anything for granted. ... My Dad is really fortunate to be here," she told the U.S. Open crowd last year during an on-court interview. Other tennis players have had recent successful returns from Hodgkins lymphoma. At this years Australian Open, British player Ross Hutchins returned to the tour after almost a year-long layoff and several months of chemotherapy. Alisa Kleybanova of Russia came back at the 2013 U.S. Open after missing nearly two seasons because of the illness. Hutchins, a doubles player, and Kleybanova, in singles and doubles, both played at Wimbledon this year. Cheap Soccer Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Hockey Jerseys Nike NFL Jerseys China Cheap Nike MLB Jerseys China Wholesale Baseball Jerseys China Wholesale College Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys Near Me Cheap Jerseys Online Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Cheap NCAA Jerseys Authentic Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic MLB Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Throwback Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China ' ' '

Publicité

MessagePosté le: Ven 19 Oct - 02:05 (2018)
Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Mayans Index du Forum -> Les quartiers Nord -> Aux portes de la tribu Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | créer forum gratuit | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation